Don't Update to Oreo On the Lenovo k8 Plus!!! It Sucks

Welcome to Know and Grow, the place where you can catch interesting things on the go.I'm Rahul the author of this article. In this article, I am going to discuss the crappy Lenovo k8 PLus's software update (Oreo 8.0). Now, I’m going to give you a few reasons why you should join our email list today using the pop-up menu. There’s some amazing stuff that’s only available to our email subscribers, so be sure to sign up and join the email list today. You're going to get exclusive content and a chance to shape the blog. You can help us help you serve better by expressing your interest and much more. You can even submit your own questions which I will try to answer and much, much more. Be sure to sign up and join the email list. I want to tell you about one of our earlier article about How Data is going to be the new oil  If you want to know about that article make sure you check it out using the link given below .
Data is the New Oil
I am really sad about updating my phone to the latest Oreo because of what Lenovo has done to it. I have been using the Lenovo k8 Plus as my primary smartphone for the past year or so and while the specs where good except for the MediaTek P20 Helio SOC inside the phone, which also didn't really bother me at that time I was having some issues about the phone the screen flickering, Mic not working, etc., and How Lenovo fixed them. I will leave a link below for that article,
Lenovo k8 Series Problems Solved
Now, I was overwhelmed by the fact that I got an Oreo update which I had been waiting for since the Oreo update was given to the Pixel devices last year, and now after a wait of like 10 months or so the update coming to my phone which was already a late one has the Lenovo had planned this since June 2018 and I got it in July 2018, with a May month security patch coming my way I was excited. I really, believed that Lenovo at least this time would not screw up and while that's what Lenovo as usual screwed up. The auto brightness sensor is malfunctioning, it wasn't the brightest of the displays in the first place and now the screen going to pitch darkness when I was watching videos and a lot of times when I was trying to unlock my phone. Its ridiculous and I had to figure this thing out step by step as follows,
My phone gives me haptic feedback when I try to unlock my phone using the rear-mounted fingerprint scanner ( thank god!!! that was present) lonely once and I couldn't reboot my phone and when I went in direct sunlight I could see a glimpse of brightness after which I found out that the phone is not switched-off rather it was almost at zero brightness and was like 100 nits or so and had to hold down the notification center and increase the brightness to the fullest, which to would optimal for a while and then, it will go to about too much brightness and my eyes would hurt, and had to revert back to the old setting.
The other issue was when I had to unlock my phone to wake up the screen and it would be in the same pitch dark situation and I had to call out the Google Assistant to turn the brightness to its fullest capacity.
These were the issues that I faced and wouldn't advise you to go for the update and I would rather see this update off and wait for the next security patch which I think should solve the problem, While, that's what I will always be their to update which would be in the month of September or October and you can count on me to tell if something is wrong about it. 
If someone from Lenovo is reading this article love would love to know if you could speed up the next software update and take software testing seriously before releasing it to the public.

If You Like This Article? 

Tell me in the comments below. If you had liked and or if I need improvements. I have opinions seriously, and please share this, seriously, this helps a lot with the growth of this blog, and if you know someone who has this device I think they would glad if you altered them about this situation of the update.

Most of the online readers don't share this article as they think the bloggers don't require social share. Don't forget to subscribe. However, the fact is the,
I have developed this blog piece by piece, your share will continue encouraging me. So, I appreciate your support in advance. Hope you had a nice time reading. Thanks for reading. Read to gain knowledge. Kudos!!!!!!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Propeller Ads- Best alternative for AdSense (in terms of customer service)

Experts take on Reusable Rockets

Didn't get approved by Google AdSense. Don't worry!!!!